Sunday, February 28, 2010

Faster hair growth in women cause by working out?

I have noticed that ever since I started working out on a regular schedule of 5-6 days a week, I have to shave my legs more often than usual. The hair grows so much quicker. I do cardio almost everyday and I lift weights (light-medium) weight wise. I have been on this program for over a year.


I'd appreciate an educated answer with a source, if possible!Faster hair growth in women cause by working out?
Most likely the workouts are improving your peripheral circulation which could be leading to more (healthier) hair growth. This is assuming that you are not using any supplements (some supplements contain testosterone analogues which could also stimulate hair growth). The other possibility is that as you get older, you are getting more hair growth and it just seems like it is related to the workouts.





Don't worry. It is unlikely that you are producing testosterone by working out. Testosterone can be converted from estrogen in women who are obese (fat cells), but it does not sound like that is the case for you (this is the opposite if you are working out). Because you are only 19, probably you are just hitting a stage in your life where there is more hair growth. If you notice a lot of hair growth in unusual places (facial hair that is thick) then you may want to see a doctor to have a workup. Hope that helps.Faster hair growth in women cause by working out?
No worries. Thanks for the songs. It was actually right. A friend of mine was looking for that song which is incredibly old.


Glad I could help with the hair question.

Report Abuse



ummm...now that u mention it, i just started cross country and ive noticed it

No comments:

Post a Comment